Monday, August 27, 2012

The Land of Milktea and Honey

I've lived on my "own" for almost a month now, I have budgeted my money.

I went to Yelp and decided to look for inexpensive, yet, somewhat quality food. Apparently, that's a lot to ask for. I live close to Chinatown, but I don't like buying fruits and veggies from urine tainted sidewalks. The local Safeway and Longs Drugs are too expensive, and are usually out of stock.

I decided that I was going to go to the Westside of the island and I found Don Quijote. OMG I was in heaven. Don Quijote had a very Japanese feel to it. There were so many foods that I had never seen before--I went a little out of the box with Grapples. Maybe next time I'll venture out a little. I know I will go back, I had lived in Japan for a good part of my life, and I miss it dearly and Don Quijote was very nostalgic. I miss japanese nicknacks and their cute characters. There were so many things I wanted, but had to stick with the budget. About 2 hours and $70 later I left with all of this:



Grapple--deliciousness!! Apples soaked in Grape Juice
Carrot Juice and Mr. Bond Coffee <<insert James Bond Joke...>> lol

Clearly, a kitty cat magnet, glass eiffel tower, and baby blue box aren't in the budget--but so Japanese Kawaii :)
I was thrilled that I was able to get a good quantity of produce and other various items that weren't expensive. It's important to me to be able to buy things that aren't expensive. I love to get facials and have spa days--I would rather spend my money on that, verses food.

Most of the things I purhcase go with my diet. I decided that I'm going to kick start the first 90 days with the Body by Vi challenge. To me, this is the best way and realistic. My issues are not eating during the day, and cramming it all in at night. Now if I have a vitamin based drink for breakfast, it will help me until I can eat lunch.

I am pretty excited about reaching my first goal, I want to be my goal weight by my 25th birthday in January. That would be lovely :) I know it's going to take a lot of work, but I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment