Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Allons-y!!



 As of November 30th I will be moving from the Downtown Honolulu area and moving to another city, Kapolei. I have really loved living in this apartment, however there were some things that were going downhill which gave me the extra push to move out.

There comes a point, when you have roommates, to decide whether or not its really worth living there. I noticed little things missing, such as: toilet paper (who steals toilet paper?!), my special KerActive shampoo, towels, food, etc. I also noticed someone was going into my room when I wasn't there. I didn't confront my roommate about it, or my landlord who also lives in the apartment with us, I just decided to watch my things closely. It's sad that someone would take something that belonged to someone else, but it happens. 

Any who, I am sad that I won't have access to a pool, jacuzzi, 24 hour gym, spa, and the convenience of living a whopping 7 minute walk from work--but I LOVE KAPOLEI. It's a new city on Oahu and it's very promising to be the next Downtown Honolulu. I like how its more quiet and things aren't so expensive as the downtown area. 

Tomorrow, Nov. 28th we get the keys to move in. I'm so excited! I spent the entire day packing my boyfriends house (apparently, he's a big baby sick) and I've already taken care of my apartment. I'm really happy.

The four months I lived at Capitol Place, I learned a lot about myself, my life, and what is really important to me. Before, I never did the day-to-day needs and I really never have been ALONE. I've always had my sister, family, or boyfriend there. I learned a lot about myself while being alone. I realized I need alone time to become relaxed so my brain isn't overworked. I'm so used to going above and beyond for everyone else, that I wasn't doing it for myself.

I really encourage anyone who is wanting to move out from their parents to their boyfriend's house to really slow down. Even though I was only on "my own" for four months, this time was very beneficial for me. It actually helped my relationship and I'm at a much better place before I moved into my apartment. It helped me learn more about me. It forced me to look at my wants and needs.

Now that I have this new outlook, I am excited for this new adventure, now that I know what I need for myself. As the tenth doctor would say, Allons-y!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment