Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Lovely Sunday: Jewelry Organizing

 This past weekend I was organizing my closet. I finally got out all of the unnecessary junk (suit cases, rubbermaid containers, etc) and put it into the storage unit in the building I live in. I also wanted to find a way to organize my jewelry so I wear it more often. In the past all of my necklaces, bracelets, and earrings were in a disarray in clear fish tackle box. 


I had to go to Ross on sunday to see if they had any towels on sale, with no luck in the towel selection I stumbled upon the tie organizer. At first I thought I could use it for scarfs or belts, but when I came home and had no place to put my necklace. I decided to see if my things would fit on the tie jewelry organizer. 



Along the right side of the organizer, the black rubber bars lift up from the metal--this makes it easy to remove any item that you want. I am sure if you wanted to do this, you could decorate it. I liked how it looked at the end and didn't think I should add anything else.

The top row I placed my long/bulky necklaces along with bracelets and rings. As the rows go further down, I place the necklaces throughout the rubber bars. 

I have added this to the top row of my closet, right next to my clothes so when I'm picking out what I'm going to wear I can pick out my accessories at the same time. 

I do keep my earrings in the tackle boxes, I haven't figured out how I'm going to display those. However, I'm sure I'll find a creative way.





No comments:

Post a Comment